Shipping Company Project:
Full Speed on the Course to Success
Reference project for a shipping company:
Retrofitting the engine room fire-extinguishing system in order to comply with existing regulations and
thus to avoid a close-down order for the ships.
-> Time was too short to cope without outside help.
- special permits for 17 vessels were maxed out
- retrofitting had to be completed within 8 months
- 4 superindendants were completely busy with day-to-day business for 50 vessels
- together with existing team
- developed action plan
- built know-how on-the-job
- optimized supplier logistics
- taken charterer aboard
Increasing pressure to act
Successful retrofitting of 17 vessels within 4 months